Hope Mission exists to serve, strengthen and uplift men, women, youth and children through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
According to the Hope Mission Constitution, all employees and interns must agree to and sign Hope Mission’s Statement of Faith.
- The Scripture of the Old and the New Testament are inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing and are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- One God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Man was created in the image of God. He sinned and thereby incurred physical and spiritual death; all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who in repentance receive Him by faith as Savior and Lord are justified through His shed blood, being born again and thereby becoming children of God.
- The crucified body of the Lord Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. He ascended into heaven and lives there for His own as High Priest and Advocate.
- The personal and imminent return of Jesus Christ is the believer’s hope.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who we serve would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
We seek to fulfill this vision by diligently serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress. -James 1:27
Out of the purpose and vision of Hope Mission, these values were chosen in order to unify and support the Hope Mission team in fulfilling its mandate. Each staff member is encouraged to uphold these values:
- Strive for excellence
- Demonstrate unconditional love through a gentle, kind and friendly manner
- Inspire, encourage and give hope to those we serve
- Show honesty, integrity and accountability at all times
- Display courage in adversity
- Constantly promote an environment of trust
- Maintain an atmosphere that promotes creativity and innovation
- Respect coworkers, volunteers, clients and Hope Mission as an agency
- Be good stewards of resources, time, money and the earth