Educate, Engage, and Empower Kids to Help Homeless and Low Income Communities
Thanksgiving Encouragement Notes
This Thanksgiving, you can help share the warmth of the season by sharing a message of hope with those who will be visiting Hope Mission for a holiday meal.
We would love to offer each person a unique and uplifting message with their Thanksgiving meal, complete with all the trimmings.
Please click on https://bit.ly/3kfkK4o to send your note (or notes!) of encouragement.🧡
Our program is now available to schools to provide students a way to learn about the work that Hope Mission does and how we help the people in our community.
About a 45 minute presentation is given with an object lesson, a game, and a small volunteer project.
To book a school presentation, please contact Katherine.
Looking to support Hope Mission at your birthday party? Follow the steps below to sign up and get more information on how this works.
1. Fill out the form
Please fill out the Kids Giving Hope Birthday Form to let us know you would like to dedicate your birthday party to Hope Mission.
Once you have filled out the form, we will contact you with more information.
Kids Giving Hope Birthday Form
2. Choose what you would like to do
A lot of children choose to give financial donations in lieu of gifts. If you would like to do something more, we have some options for you.
- Build a backpack: The host supplies a backpack, which will then be stuffed with items that guests will bring with them. Take a moment in the birthday party to put the items in the backpack and talk about how these items will help the people in our city.
- Decorate paper bags: The host supplies the brown paper lunch bags, which children at the party can decorate with encouraging words or drawings. These bags will be filled with food and handed out to people all over our city.
- Write encouragement notes: Have the children write an encouragement to someone in need. These can be simple to just tell someone they are loved and that people care about them.
Let us know what you would like to do at your party and we will send you more information.
3. Collect Donations
At your party, collect the donations (financial and/or in kind). We can send you a form that helps you keep track of your monetary donations and provides guests an opportunity to receive a tax receipt if they so choose.
4. Arrange a time to drop off your donations
After your party, contact us to schedule a time to drop off your donations. We would like to thank you for choosing Hope Mission with a balloon and a card!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 780-422-2018 ext. 289.
9908 106 Avenue
Phone: 780-422-2018 ext. 289