Hope Mission is now accepting applications for the 2015 Internship Program (apply by December 5, 2014)!
Who Should Apply?
- University students or graduates who would like to gain “real world” experience and career skills in their field of study. Internships look great on your resume!
- Individuals considering a career in the non-profit and/or social services sector
- Individuals who want to use their abilities to serve others and gain more experience Christian ministry
- High school graduates looking for a meaningful gap year experience
- College/university students seeking internship/practicum credit
Why Should You Apply for an Internship at Hope Mission?
- Gain hands-on work experience in the inner city
- Gain professional career skills
- Meet new people
- Have fun!
- Use your creativity and passions in a meaningful way
- Gain networking opportunities
- Use your abilities to serve others
- Grow in leadership skills
- Experience character development
- Experience spiritual growth
We work with you to match your interests and skills with Hope Mission’s needs and objectives. Internships are available in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to:
- Child and Youth Ministry
- Human Resources and Accounting
- Inner City Outreach
- Men’s Ministry and Addictions Programs
- Music and Drama
- Women’s Health
- Women’s Ministry and Addictions Programs
- Special Events and Communications
- Youth Shelter Ministry
More information here: Internship Position Descriptions
Program Dates and Duration
Interns will be placed within a department of Hope Mission for 4 months, 8 months or 12 months, depending on preference, availability and department needs.
Internships begin in May, September and January, and interns have the option to intern in two to three different departments during the 8 month or 12 month internships.
Room and board is available for full-time interns. All full-time interns will receive a monthly stipend and may be eligible for financial assistance if returning to school.
- Interns must be at least 18 years old.
- Interns should be committed Christians, dedicated to spiritual growth and willing to uphold Hope Mission’s vision, values and statement of faith.
- Interns must be prepared to commit to a full-time work schedule as well as to the activities, special projects, bible study and seminars.
- Interns are required to submit a current (within the last 6 months) police information and child/youth intervention check if offered a position at Hope Mission
Download the full program outline here. Discover how to apply below.
Apply for an Internship
Thank you for your interest in Hope Mission’s Internship Program!
P: 780.422.2018 ext. 225
PO Box 953
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5J 2L8